43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

tips to learn how to type better

Hello all,

I have the feeling that most of the crowd at 43F is pretty much fluent with typing on a computer keyboard - IT people ; like you don't have to look at the keyboard to type your messages. I think that typing is teached at school in the US for quite some time now, but here, in France, I've not been through such lessons. Everytime I see somebody typing and staring at the screen continuously, it's like seeing someone juggling with 4 empty wine bottles at the same time. My job doesn't really require me to be a keyboard ninja while typing texts, but I realised I had to go ahead and learn to type correctly in order to spend less time on writing emails or posts like this one. Or type more in the same amount of time...

I've downloaded a nice freeware app for mac called 2T4Mac. I'm doing the exercices since two days, and my improvements already show up.
I wondered if you guys had some tips or experiences - even bad ones - to share and get others to improve better and faster on this issue. Like, what's the ideal amount of time for each lesson, how long should it take to be able to type a simple message nicely, special tricks, exercices,...

Thanks a lot in advance for your input.
Thibaut

About thibaut

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »