43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

Backing up Mail.app, using SQLite to my benefit?

thread at Apple Discussions

My question:

Quote:
Mail.app's Envelope, like other OSX applications, is based upon SQLite, correct? If so, has anyone used it to create a backup database?

My goal is a backup of my email that is not in typical backup format, but remains "open" and therefore searchable. If anyone remembers the popular standalone FileMaker Pro db backup for Claris Emailer, that's what I have in mind.

Before I reinvent the wheel, has anyone created, or does anyone know of such a creature? Have any brainstorms? :)

Thank you!

I've received one answer--a long version of Google-it, in my opinion. I asked because I have looked, and I'm not happy with the shareware out there, in the sense that, if I can do that, I wanna do it myself instead of paying eek amount of money.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS: Mac OS X

About Carla

Carla's picture

Bio

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
    Today

Popular
    Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
    Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »