43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

Leopard Mail/iCal ToDos on the iPhone-- pretty simple

Pretty simple, but pretty lame. They don't look nice, but you can see the title of the To Do at least.

Here's how:

In Leopard, iCal and Mail share all their to dos. But only some of them will travel with IMAP-- and only those things that travel with IMAP (such as your Notes) can be read on the iPhone.

Only "Mail Calendars" will follow your IMAP. These "calendars" are strange beasts. They are visible in iCal, but they don't take events-- only to dos. You can create them in Mail, and after you've done so, you can create more through iCal.

I have come to think that the overcreation of calendars is similar to oversorting your email, so I don't mind jamming all of my To Dos into one calendar.

So all this is a pretty nice stopgap, but I sure hope a juicy iPhone update comes soon.

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »