43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

My latest attempt at the hPDA: The MLO + 3x5

I was going to call this the MLOster, but after posting, it looked like "molester" so I changed it.

Here is what I am now trying:

I found that MyLifeOrganized is pretty cool, easy to use, and has a nicer interface than Outlook (duh).

So here it is:

- I turned off the GTD add in for Outlook because it is so tightly integrated with Outlook's tasks, which I am replacing.

- I deleted all of the tasks from my Treo and Outlook and set the Task conduit not to sync anything between them.

Now for the good stuff:

- I printed out my MLO stuff using a setting where two pages of MLO are printed on one 8.5x11 sheet. This gives me all my projects and NAs on the front and back of one piece of paper. The text is very small, but legible, not any less legible than they were on the Treo.

- Snipped the margins off the page and folded it twice. Now it is the size of a 3x5 card.

- Clipped the 3x5 to an orange divider card with some extra post-its stuck to it. Behind the divider card are some blank 3x5s.

- Voila.

We will see how many hours I can make this work.

-

TOPICS: Lofi

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »