43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

Personal Branding

I have been thinking and researching, for the purposes of a post to my blog, about personal branding. For those not familiar with this idea, personal branding is about giving your "personal identity" a distinctive and cohesive look and feel and being conscious of the way you portray yourself to the outside world (especially employers and clients).

For instance, my resume (warning: PDF), I designed it with that same look and feel. My e-mail signature, when viewed in html, also mirrors the look and feel. I am currently designing letterhead and business cards and even thank you cards with my "brand" as well.

I was just wondering if anyone else is doing this and is willing to share some examples and/or ideas of your "brand". I am not looking for business brand examples (i.e. I have a consulting business that has it's own branding separate from my personal one). I am looking for branding that is unique to your personal online or offline identity.

How are you "branding" yourself and in what forms and media? Have you gotten comments positive (or perhaps even negative) on this? Has your brand helped to set you apart from others who do not have one? How has it helped you? Etc.

Any responses, comments or pointing and laughing at my extreme geekiness are welcome.

TOPICS: Life Hacks

About patrickrhone

patrickrhone's picture

Bio

Mac Geek, Productivity Nerd, Paper Pron Pimp and all around swell guy.

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »