43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

Has SOHO Notes ruined your life too?

Now, SOHO notes hasn't exactly ruined my life but it frustrates me on almost on a daily basis. There are so many theoretical features (such as creating notes on the fly in quicknote or their smart folders )that are supposed to work and do... when they feel like it. Now, I know there are lots of other great programs and I have thought of switching to iGTD or Journler for my GTDing done on the Mac but I wanted to know if there are any other frustrated SOHO Notes users. If so, what programs have you migrated to? Or how have you made working SOHO notes more livable?

Oh yeah my specific gripes about the program: -Smart Folders don't always show the note count. -Smart Folders do not always find the notes that should populate the folder. -Quicknotes should be have a folder option so that you can drop the quicknote into any folder but this folder option usually is blank thus the quicknote drops into the general folder instead of where I specify.

About Litomeister General

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »