43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

Recommendations for new bluetooth headset???

Hey gang,

Long-time listener, first time caller ...

I'm in the process of "upgrading" my bluetooth headset. I currently have the Motorola H500 (I think that's the model number) that I use exclusively with my cell phone (a Motorola Q).

Lately the headset has been making me very unhappy. It has a propensity to switch the call from handset to headset with little warning and even less reason. I'm sure there's something I'm doing wrong here, but its unclear to me what that is.

The single button design might be elegant, but its not all that convenient. I'm not a big fan of wearing the thing on my ear all the time, so I frequently turn it off and slip it into a pocket. The problem comes when the single button gets bumped while in my pocket - one click turns the headset on, the second click brings up the last dialed number, and the third click dials the number. Thankfully I've only called my wife, but even I can tell this is a disaster waiting to happen.

So I'm considering replacing the headset. The problem is that I have no idea what to buy. So I thought I'd ask the trusty 43f crew what they recommend and why.

Thanks a bunch. Max

About Maxwell546

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »