43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

Bonsai for Palm

A friend bought me a license to Bonsai for Christmas. It's called an outliner program; it allows you to create hierarchical lists.

The newest version (4.0) has the capability of letting you view a project list showing just the Next Action for each project. All the other actions are still present, just not showing. There's a demo available (the program is not freeware) -- if you're looking for a good place for your lists, this might be the program for you.

I'll add that my Next Actions list was kept in a Word document, but now I'm going to move it all into Bonsai.

Edited to add: You can import XML, OPML, CSV, FreeMind mindmapping, text, and Palm OS database (pdb) files into Bonsai.

About Bookworm

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »