43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

Hello World!

Long time reader, first time poster. :cool: I'm 35 years old, and I've been a productivity / office supply / time management junkie for most (more than half) of my life. I was given a pocket-sized DayTimer when I was 15 to help me stay organized in my new sales job. I was the youngest guy in the Time-Power seminar, and have always had a planner since then. I went to FranklinQuest, then they respawned as FranklinCovey. Over the years I've spent hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours trying to tweak my system.

I had just bought and was playing with Life Balance on my Mac when I read a forum post about doing GTD with it. I Googled it, bought the book on Amazon, and the skies opened up.

I then Googled "GTD Mac OS X" and I found this place. I made my first Hipster Nov 2005, and have given away at least a dozen of them. I've also refilled my Franklin binders with DIY goodness.

Didn't mean to write a novel. :o

Glad to be here.
Rudy

About RudeDawg

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »