43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

What about little or no will to do things?

Hi everybody,

I was wondering if someone has ever experienced this kind of "chronic fatigue" or simply put, lack of will or energy to do simple things.

My current status: I work as a CIO for two countries in a big company. I have a strong technical background (more than 15 years) and now I have to deal with many different problems (specially company politics), aside of pure technical situations. My main problem, as I mentioned before, is the chronic lack of energy to do things apart from my job. I always wanted to learn french and german or to read more books (I used to read 4 or 5 books a month), but when I get home, I don?t want to do anything but rest. I?ve tried everything: meditation, medication, exercise (I do some workout regularly), 8-hour sleep cycles, balanced food, etc., but nothing seems to work, or at least, to have lasting effects.

Lately, I?ve been experiencing concentration and lack of focus problems, which is bad for my job. It seems that the problem is starting to affect my work as well.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

TOPICS: Life Hacks

About Ferrante

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »