43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

More baby step questions

Thanks everyone for your replies about contexts. It was very interesting to see into your minds and how you use the system to fit your life. It was very instructive and helped me tweak my system.

Today I wanted to ask you how your day actually looks. When do you process your in-box? Do you do it several times a day, or when something comes in, or when it reaches a certain height? when you are out and about and can't put things into your system, you just jot a note like "make grocery list" or "email Stephano" and then chuck it in your in-box when you get back?

Do you write your notes on cards? post-its? in a notebook? do you tear out the notebook sheet and toss that in your in-box?

I know that there is no one right way to do it, so I want to see the range of approaches and how it works for you. I think that will help me focus in on how to work my system.

I'm doing kGTD, iCal, Eudora mail and a physical tickler file. I don't use my PDA nor a hPDA, only my cell phone. I am not a big fan of paper notes because they never worked for me before, but I am open to it now that I have a "system".

Thanks

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »