43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

DevonTHINK, how has it helped you?

I've asked y'all on this board for buying advice in the past, and I'm very happy I followed it. (OOP is awesome, I use it everyday).

My current quandary is DevonTHINK Pro. I wondering if I should acquire this as I become a graduate student in the Fall. It's very pricey though, so I was hoping that you folks could throw in your two cents about this program and it's alternatives. I looking at Mori in particular as a potential middle-ground.

What I'm particularly curious about is smart folders. Does DevonTHINK Pro have a smart-folder like ability? I find that strictly grouping data with one label limits the amount of connectivity, and I confused by the way DevonTHINK uses folders.

I, for example, use Mail.app in the following way and love it. All archived mail goes into a folder called "archive" Mail is tagged with MailTags and Smart Folders help to parse them all out. It's fast, easy, and highly adaptive. Messages can exist in multiple contexts. I'm curious if I could get DevonTHINK to work in a similar fashion.

Thanks!

-Casey

TOPICS: Mac OS X

About caseykoons

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »