43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

How to share? (Am I seeing Daylite?)

Right now I use PowerMail for email, AddressBook and iCal for time and people and Kinkless GTD for projects. They don't integrate well.

I just hired a part-time assistant to "help out around the computer" and I am trying to figure out how to share information with her, and perhaps in the bargin, get my own applications to talk to eachother better.

One thought is to use something like Daylite to organize my life, and coordinate her tasks with mine. Any thoughts about how well this works?

If I move to Daylite, should I also move to Apple Mail? Will Apple Mail "melt down" at some point? Does it handle lots of emails comfortably (it didn't seem to at OS X 10.1, the last time I tried it)?

Once I switch to Daylite, will I throw kGTD in the trash, or do they complement each other?

Should I get two licences for Daylite, or should I get her a .mac account and share addresses thru Address Book sharing?

I know this is a mishmash of questions, but I have a mishmash of confusion in my mind.

TIA

TOPICS: Life Hacks

About alanterra

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »