43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

Gift Show thought capturer

While not having the versatility of an hPDA, I found a pocket notepad today that is surprisingly small and sturdy. It strikes me as the perfect tool for capture thoughts and actions the instant they come to you, no matter where you are.

It's 4.5" by 3" and about as thin as a stack of 15-20 index cards. It is a spring-hinged metal case that closes by an included pen.

I'll admit that most of the colors (besides black) are on the feminine side. It ran me a small $6 and a pack of three refill pads was a dollar.

I'm crazy about it because it's hard shell case ensures it will stand up to abuse in my brutal pockets, and it's small size makes it very easy to carry, (as opposed to an hPDA, which I sometimes leave behind due to it's bulk).

Check it out here. If anyone it's looking for a super-small sturdy pad, check out your local tourist-trap gift shop.

TOPICS: Lofi

About caseykoons

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »