43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

Hello from an L.A. Actor and Computer Geek

Greetings Everyone! Allow me to introduce myself...

I'm in the sunny city of Los Angeles. I'm an actor (no you haven't seen me in anything yet) and a freelance computer "Jack of All Trades". A friend of mine from Colorado was "all atwitter" two years ago, and although I was very suspicious about drinking the Kool Aid (after seeing this 43 Folders site back then I really did feel it was a cult) I cautiously took a sip.

Since then I've been constantly trying to adapt, looking for the right digital tools (I'm still not completely happy yet) and frequently "falling off the wagon" and then taking forever to recommit. And each time I have to do that big painful gathering of "the big pile" all over again. I'm like a person who is always trying to quit smoking maybe.

I have had one GTD-related success that I'd like to share: I formed a "GTD Group" of friends who have met once a year for the past year to go over our individual successes and challenges, to review goals, and essentially to keep ourselves on task. One of the requirements for joining the group is buying and reading the GTD book.

I have a lot of ideas, both in terms of personal organization (I'm tossing around the idea of writing a GTD tool--sorry, I'm not big on kGTD) in based on my GTD-group's experiences. I want to dig through this discussion board, learn, contribute, and maybe there's an article or two I could write to submit to the actual 43Folders.com site.

So "Hello" and I look forward to participating in some discussions with all of you!

About murraytodd

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »