43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

Organization of Thesis project, please help!

Hello all,

I am currently in an organizational malaise. I am in France working on a graduate internship (MA in International Education) and concurrently have to work on a graduate thesis project which involes the design of a new study abroad program (sort of like a thesis). I have many word documents that I am working with and posting to Blackboard (course org. software online). The trouble is, I feel like a complete mess having no central place to work with and view my documents with incidental notes, to do's etc. I would just a like a tableau or digital space to organize all this information (references, links etc). I have tried Backpackit, but would really prefer an OS X program that would automatically link my documents with it, so that the documents in it would always reflect the most current one (so that I won't have to keep uploading changes) etc. I do have Omni Outliner Pro, but it feels pretty big, almost too big to get into and kGTD feels messy and complicated to me. Are there any other programs I should look into for this type of project management? Midnight Inbox looks promising, but is not there yet in terms of usability. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

TOPICS: Mac OS X

About Miles Davis

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »