43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

Custom shelves and desks?

Hi there,

I make furniture (Craftsman-style) as one of my hobbies, and have been a productivity enthusiast for almost a year. So I've decided it would be fun to combine two of my hobbies.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions about furniture customizations (shelves? desks? custom closets?) that would encourage greater productivity.

For example, I'm planning to build a new office desk that will allow me to change the height of the desktop... so I can sit or stand while I'm working from home.

Does anyone have any interesting sites or other suggestions about more interesting furniture? I've been scouring ergonomics web sites and have found some interesting ideas, but I figure this group would have some great suggestions.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

TOPICS: Projects

About Rosenman

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »