43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

OmniOutliner3, Omnishadow and Shadow on palm - help please

I am trying to get Omnioutliner to export my outlines to ShadowPlan on my palm. I installed Omnishadow and all went well. I am using Omnioutliner3 Pro (demo) since the non-Pro version is what came on my Mac and I read the Pro version is needed. When I have an OO outline open in front of me, I go to the applescript menu, select the "Shadow-Plan Save" option to try to export the outline and nothing happens except for a tone sounds. I look and there is no file in the "Files to Install" directory of the Palm user directory. In fact, I cannot find a file of the name of the OO file anywhere except for the original. No pdb, xml, or other file is exported anywhere. I emailed the author of Omnishadow but have had no reply to date (and he is clear that the scripts are not necessarily supported). I verified the Omnishadow prefs 3x. Questions:

-Does OO3 Pro need to be registered for this to work?
-Is Omnishadow currently working under 10.4.8? Is is broken? (has been before, right?)
-Do I need to save the outline as Shadow xml, import it into ShadowPlan desktop, save it as a Shadow RAW to the "Files to Install" directory? If this is how it is supposed to work then I don't see the point of the "Shadow-Plan Save" option in the applescript menu.
-Is this currently working for anyone?

Any ideas?

Thanks very much...

TOPICS: Mac OS X

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »