43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

announcing the first annual help out a coder day

So here goes; yesterday morning I got an email from my new boss asserting that the development work that they need to get done is not, in fact that kind of development work for which they hired me (and what I'm good at), and so now they need to let me go.

Rock on. My favorite part was having to break the news of this to my wife on Mother's Day. Yee frickedy hah.

Oh well, I know that everything always works out for the best. In the meantime, though, I need to ask the 43f community for a favor.

I need to find a job, and I'm ready to accept any guidance you might have to offer. I am a client-side ninja with amazing JavaScript, CSS, and standards-compliant HTML experience, and my skills in Ruby on Rails and PHP make momma proud.

My ideal situation would include me working from home, but at this point I'm open to anything. If you have an open position at your firm, if you know somebody, or have any leads of any kind, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance,
Dieter

TOPICS: Grabass

About dieter

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »