43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

small revisit of index card printing

Hello all,

I came across this site as the printer review for printing index cards came up in my Google search. I am a new implementor of the GTD methods as I read them in David Allen's book prior to even finding this site, so this is a very interesting coalescence of interests.

Based on the index card printer review I hunted down a refurbished (turned out just plain old used) Brother 5170DN and got it runing with new toner and a new drum.

I have a mail merge index card printing project for Kanban cards which I want to do in duplex (in the first generation of cards I used stickers on the back, prior to laminating). I got this Brother because someone (Garrett) mentioned it will print duplex index cards.

I am having great difficulty getting this done in automatic mode. Feeding it through twice is possible, but an approach I prefer to avoid.

SO... my great question is: Will this laser printer (or any other) print index cards in duplex automatically. If my 5170 can do it, I would be enormously grateful for some hints as to the settings that will achieve this. The cards I am using are actually 4 by 6, and I created a custom paper size for it.

If only an inkjet will do the trick (I actually own two Pixma 3000s) I will succumb to that route, but laser is my preferred option due to the smudge free-ness of the output

Many thanks for any and all suggestions from the collective.

Best regards,
John

About jcqcomm

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »