43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

The only unfinished thing in OS X : Network setup

As a longtime Windows user, I was really impressed by a lot of OS X. Not only the look, which is not my primary concern, but the intelligence of most things. OS X reminds me of the opposite of the feeling you get when using some products. Reactions like "Jeeze, didn't anyone ever try this to see how bad it sucks?" when trying to configure certain phones or other devices. So Apple hardware and OS X both are pretty cool.

OTH, the networking looks like it was slapped on at the last minute and I still can't figure out how to manage the preferred networks list. I have one network it keeps wanting me to connect to and my real preferred one doesn't connect automatically.

I've already googled, and like so many of the problems I've had on the MacBook, there are a few people posing the same problem and no valid answers so far.

The MacBook used to drop out of the router from time to time but the very recent update fixed that. The MB doesn't handle WPA too well, apparently or maybe only when the SSID is NOT broadcast.

Anyway, recent links to details on managing the network, especially preferred networks and how to get rid of the cache, would be appreciated.

This site rocks, Merlin, but what else could we expect from you?

About randulo

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »