As more and more folks (like, say, me) want their radio to go these days, numerous public radio programs are getting wise and starting to offer their stuff in podcast format. I’m thinking I’ll start collecting good-looking sources for public and non-commercial radio podcast indices here. Small for now, but it’ll grow with your help, I hope.
- PublicRadioFan.com - Great, surfable collection of a few dozen public radio shows with podcasts (possibly canonical?)
- Podcast.net - Podcasts tagged with “NPR”
- Current.org | Podcasting - “…if you seek pubcasters who podcast, here's a guide...” Check out the links in the “About Podcasting” right rail. Good stuff.
- PublicRadioFeeds.com - “The World's Best Radio. On your time.”
- Public Radio Podcast Directory - The Public Radio section with subsections for BBC, NPR, and PRI. Annotated.
- PodcastAlley.com - Search on “public radio”
- Public Radio Exchange - “...a web-based marketplace for public radio pieces.” Interesting idea—aggregating indie content that stations can plug right in to their existing programming
- NPR Podcasting: Information About NPR and Public Radio Podcasts - National Public Radio's (currently very modest) listing of national shows available as podcasts, and, more usefully, links to affiliate stations offering their own podcasts.
- KQED | News and Public Affairs: Highlights: RSS and Podcasts - As I post this, Forum and Perspectives are the only podcasts available for KQED, but the page points to many good RSS feeds covering both local and national programming (upcoming guests, topics, etc.).
- NPR : Podcast Directory - NPR’s official page linking to many podcasts related to their programming. Note that as this link is added (2005-09-03 10:02:07) many of the podcasts are actually selections of programs, some of which are fairly brief (e.g. 5 minutes of an hour-long program, etc.).
I love getting On the Media (podcast), The Antique Phonograph Music Program (podcast), and Harry Shearer’s very swell Le Show (podcast) this way—now, c’mon Fascinatin’ Rhythm!
Got a good link that collects free podcasts from non-commercial radio shows? Have a favorite or obscure program to recommend in podcast format?
Technorati Tags: syndication, ipod, npr, bbc, radio, publicradio, pri, podcasts