43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

3x5 Buxton Notetaker wallet with little pen at Office Max ...

Less than $10. I saw these wallets the other day. They did look a bit bulky, and I didn't look at them in great detail.

What caught my eye was the pen--a very slim chrome/silvery pen the length of the wallet, about 5 inches long. There were two pen loops-- one attached to the front of the wallet and one attached to the back, and when you slip the pen through the two loops it holds the wallet closed.

I thought it was a great idea, and was especially interested because I'm trying to figure out a way to attach a mechanical pencil to my D*I*Y spiral-bound planner.

If you need a wallet, you might look into these. They were in the planner section. They were business-meeting quality, leather, but I think they had a pad of paper instead of being set up for loose cards--but I don't remember for sure.

One thing I thought was interesting was that since they weren't boxed up, just sitting loose, with none of that annoying plastic packaging, there was only one pen left with the ten or so wallets on display. Maybe they'd fallen out somewhere along the way, or maybe some hPDA users had succumbed to temptation! It does show the interest in slim, small pens.

TOPICS: Lofi

About ggrozier

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »