43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

del.icio.us organization ideas?

I know this was mentioned at one point 43f, but couldn't find the link. Anyway, how are YOU organizing your tags on del.icio.us (or whatever similar tagging bookmark site)? I still need to try bundling since that's new to me (i mainly just add links via firefox plugin). Also want to gtd-ize it a bit (have an @read/review tag for all the sites I want to check to see if it's even worthwhile saving, umm... that would really be it)

Also, any recommendations on apps to help aid in sorting tags on there? 43f wiki. There's also [url=http://johnvey.com/features/deliciousdirector/">del.icio.us direc.tor. Haven't tested either of these. Although may give cocoalicious a shot since I have my work powerbook just sitting next to me (at home I use for IM).

What I've been trying to do lately is ask myself "when would I need to know about this link, or when would it be beneficial for me to know about it?" If you look at the later one's there may only be a couple tags. When first using it I made a ton of tags for each link. And I want to make them as generalized as possible. Main goal is go through all the tags with just one item and either delete it or move them to something else.

One method I can recall is using a three tag approach, going from broadest to most specific. Like a link to css quick reference could be something like "reference webdesign css" for the three tags. Going with the idea that when you are then browsing for something, you would first say you're looking for reference links, in webdesign, dealing with css. But as you can tell I haven't been really following that :)

My mess of a del.icio.us page:
http://del.icio.us/vrillusions

About vrillusions

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »