43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

Customer Information Management System

I work for a computer consultant who needs to have a database developed to track customer invoices as well as technical documentation like service packs, server information and network topologies. I'm currently working on an application i've dubbed RITCIMS for Raymond IT Group Inc Customer Infomation Management System. It uses Microsoft SQL Server for data access, and is one of the most extensive databases i've ever developed. It's by far one of the biggest applications i've ever developed. I'm still a beginner, but the application so far is highly sophisiticated and provides a usable interface for my boss where he can go in an update client information like mailing address, and it gets so specific as to him being able to add different subnets on certain networks and enable/disable static ip address ranges, to printing invoices and creating pdf's. All done in VisualBasic.NET and ASP.NET 2.0 with some help from the ajax toolkit 1.0 until I better understand Ajax. I may be able to post some screen shots, but i really can't open it up to the public for security reasons.

TOPICS: Projects

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »