43 Folders

Back to Work

Merlin’s weekly podcast with Dan Benjamin. We talk about creativity, independence, and making things you love.

Join us via RSS, iTunes, or at 5by5.tv.

”What’s 43 Folders?”
43Folders.com is Merlin Mann’s website about finding the time and attention to do your best creative work.

Distractions - Media player

I work in an open plan office - not even a Dilbert cubicle-farm! This means that, to concentrate, I quite often have to have music playing or I spend the whole day listening the the very loud telephone conversation on the desk pod behind me. So I use Media Player, but there's one thing which is beginning to bug me. Everytime a new track starts or my mouse ends up near the bottom of the screen, the track information pops up and hangs around for exactly as long as it wants to. Even when it's obscuring the thing I'm trying to type.

Is it possible to stop this behaviour?

Steve

[=-2]Funnily enough, I don't have a problem with the email pop-up. The way we work here, 'always on' email is assumed, so you just have to put up with it, but we have good filters for spam, and aren't supposed to be on non-work mail lists so it's a rare day when I get more than 15 emails.[/]

TOPICS: Windows

About SteveC

EXPLORE 43Folders THE GOOD STUFF

Popular
Today

Popular
Classics

An Oblique Strategy:
Honor thy error as a hidden intention

STAY IN THE LOOP:

Subscribe with Google Reader

Subscribe on Netvibes

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe on Pageflakes

Add RSS feed

The Podcast Feed

Cranking

Merlin used to crank. He’s not cranking any more.

This is an essay about family, priorities, and Shakey’s Pizza, and it’s probably the best thing he’s written. »

Scared Shitless

Merlin’s scared. You’re scared. Everybody is scared.

This is the video of Merlin’s keynote at Webstock 2011. The one where he cried. You should watch it. »