OmniFocus Sneak Preview - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
Dan Lurie at TUAW has detailed notes on the OmniFocus Meetup yesterday at the Apple Store.
- OmniFocus, unlike its predecessor KinklessGTD will feature an instant data propagation across the app, thus doing away with the need for a "sync button," and ensuring your data is always where you expect it to be.
- OmniFocus will have a simpler and more streamlined interface than OmniOutliner, on which KGTD was built.
- Users will be able to view multiple or individual projects and contexts in either a single window or multiple separate windows.
- OmniFocus will support existing KGTD QuickSilver inbox-entry actions.
- OmniFocus will also feature a standalone proprietary quick-entry method via keystroke, similar to Yojimbo.
- Future versions will support user definable smart folders.
- The first version of OmniFocus will not require 10.5 Leopard, but all following versions will due to the use of Leopard only technologies.
- Like KGTD, OmniFocus will support syncing with portable devices through iCal.
- OmniFocus will be fully applescriptable.
- Future versions will support integration with OmniPlan.
- Future versions will support universal action creation from other applications (such as turning an email message or iCal to-do into an action).
- Future versions will support attaching or tying of files to actions and projects.
- OmniGroup is planning to release OmniFocus within the next few months.
It was great to hear Ken lay out OmniGroup's plans and progress on the Kinkless replacement. Thanks much to everyone who showed up yesterday.